Friday, November 17, 2006

"Keep Doodling" --Alex S.

Still a bit unsure about this experiment, but proceeding anyway.

My therapist believes in my art, especially my more abstract stuff, more than I currently do.

I made a birthday card for a friend, flowers in a little vase, using acrylic paint--which is a medium I'm not that used to. She really liked it and is going to frame it and hang it. The card took maybe an hour and a half to paint. I know I have talent-- I just wish I had more confidence and motivation.

Above: Scribble-Boy, pencil on paper, 7/20/91

3 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

How commercial do you want to be? Are you going to list a price for each new piece displayed?

Essentially, selling anything is an exercise in finding a need and filling it in a manner and at a cost that adequately rewards you for your time and effort. Often that involves pricing beyond what I, a member of the hoi paloi ( AKA the great unwashed) can afford. So stop teasing and start pricing. Who knows, perhaps your friends would want a genuine "Glinka"! Or at least want to be able to tell their more well-heeled friends what to expect in the way of prices.

Finally, insisting on being compensated for ones time and effort is expected in this capitalist society in which we live. It is a sign of weakness to not put yourself out there by saying "my work is worth this amount." You CAN do it, my friend -- gird your loins and start pricing...

10:47 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

I'm with Wil. Start pricing!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

My birthday is Monday :::cough::: hint :::cough::: hint. ;-)

I think this blog is a great idea. Anything that gives you confidence and encouragement in your talent is a good thing! :-)

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home