Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sad Abstract Expressionist Clown: Revisited

A detail of the painting, using my new Canon PowerShot SD1000... (too bad I'm not being paid for product placement!) I can finally show my brushstrokes and gradations of color as they're meant to be seen.

Our painting class is going to have a group show in the cafe/exhibit area down at Fort Mason, Building B. My instructor told me this morning that he will give me an entire case to myself to display several paintings! I am really excited. This glamorous exhibit space is further enhanced by the morning smell of frying bacon from the nearby takeout concessions area. It's the hip and happening place to spot *Emerging Artists* -- that is, artists emerging out of a vaporous cloud of overcooked bacon...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

Subscribing to the "More is Less" school, I'd opt for cropping about 2/3rds of the painting out of frame and really concentrate on detail. Still and all, it's a helluva piece. Truly.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Congrats on the new camera!!!!

Can I get a side of Glinka with my grits? Ahahahaa.

Your teacher must really like you to give you a whole space unto your self.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home