Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Journal Doodle

Posting on a regular basis in here seems important.

Scribbling, doodling, pushing paint around on a canvas daily seems important.

I've been looking at the luscious paint of the Abstract Expressionists in museums. I recently went to see this big exhibit of this German artist, Anselm Kiefer, at SFMoMA... his materials are so THICK that they are a conservator's nightmare: chips of paint/dirt/ash are known to fall off his paintings onto gallery floors. There is an audaciousness to his work that I admire.

Monday Journal Doodle; Ink on journal paper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Thanks for the link about the Keifer exhibit. I've never heard of him before now, and his work stunned me. I love his interest in the destructive as creative and vice versa. I really enjoyed this, and I love seeing your work as well.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home